Bryant Trivia Rules
2012 BRYANT BANK/BRYANT MUSEUM “BRYANT TRIVIA” CHALLENGE
1. NO PURCHASE, BANKING RELATIONSHIP OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE IN OR WIN THIS PROMOTION. PURCHASE OR BANKING RELATIONSHIP WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD. The 2012 Bryant Bank/Bryant Museum “Bryant Trivia” Challenge (the “Promotion”) begins August 27, 2012 at 12:00:01 PM Central Time and ends January 7, 2013 at 11:59:59 PM Central Time (the “Promotion Period”). For purposes of these Official Rules, a “Week” will run from 12:00:01 PM Central Time on Monday through 11:59:59 PM Central Time on Sunday, with the exception of the last Week of the Promotion Period, which will run from 12:00:01 PM Central Time on Monday, December 31, 2012 through 11:59:59 PM Central Time on Monday, January 7, 2013. Sponsor’s/Administrator’s clock is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
3. PROMOTION OVERVIEW; WEEKLY GAMES. The Promotion consists of nineteen (19) weekly trivia games (the “Games”), with one (1) Game held each Week of the Promotion Period. The first Game will be held during the first Week of the Promotion Period beginning Monday, August 27, 2012 at 12:00:01 PM Central Time and running through Sunday, September 2, 2012 at 11:59:59 PM Central Time, and the last Game will be held during the last Week of the Promotion Period beginning Monday, December 31, 2012 at 12:00:01 PM Central Time and running through Monday, January 7, 2013 at 11:59:59 PM Central Time.
4. ELIGIBILITY. The Promotion is open only to natural persons who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and who are 18 years of age or older at time of registration/play. Officers, directors, and employees (collectively, “employees”) of Bryant Bank and the Paul W. Bryant Museum (“Bryant Museum”) (Bryant Bank and Bryant Museum are collectively referred to as “Sponsor”), Pangea Media (“Administrator”), and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliated entities, suppliers, agents, advertising and promotional agencies, those involved in the execution and administration of the Promotion and the immediate family members (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) of such employees, and all those with whom such employees are domiciled, are NOT eligible to participate or win.
5. HOW TO REGISTER AND PLAY THE GAMES. During the Promotion Period, you can register and play the Games three (3) different ways:
(a) Via the Website. You can register and play the Games by visiting http://www.bryantbank.com/bryant-trivia.php (the “Website”). To register and play a Game on the Website, visit the Website, follow the links and instructions to answer the questions and complete and submit the registration form including your user name, email address and all required information.
(b) Via the Bryant Bank Facebook Page. You can register and play the Games by visiting the Bryant Bank Facebook Page at http://www.facebook.com/bryantbank (the “Bryant Bank Page”). To register and play a Game on the Bryant Bank Page, click on the “Bryant Trivia Challenge” application. If you do not already “like” the Bryant Bank Page, you must first click on the “like” button in order to access the application. Once you enter the application, follow the links and instructions to answer the questions and complete and submit the registration form including your user name, email address and all required information.
(c) Via your Mobile Device using our QR Code. You can also register and play the Games using your wireless mobile device by scanning the Bryant Trivia Challenge QR Code. (Scanning the QR Code takes you to the Website.) In order to scan a QR Code, your mobile device must have a QR Code reader installed. QR Code use may be limited and may not be available through all wireless carriers. Message and Data Rates May Apply. Please consult your wireless service provider regarding its pricing plans. To play without using a QR Code, visit the Website or visit the Bryant Bank Facebook Page.
A different Game will be offered each Week of the Promotion Period. Limit one (1) Game play per Week (via any method of play), per person and per email address. Each Game consists of eleven (11) multiple choice trivia questions. You will have a maximum of four (4) minutes to complete a Game by answering all of the questions. Follow the instructions to play the Game; the object of the Game is to correctly answer all the trivia questions within the given four (4) minute time period. Game scores will be recorded and ranked based on the number of questions in a Game that are correctly answered by a participant. The Game clock will begin to run immediately after you elect to play a Game, and Sponsor’s/Administrator’s clock is the official time-keeping device for Game play.
Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than one (1) Game play per Week by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, or any other methods will void that participant’s Game plays and that participant may be disqualified. No automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of registration or play are permitted.
Please note that you may not be sent confirmation of receipt of registration or Game play; in the event that your registration/play is acknowledged in any way following submission, such acknowledgement does not constitute any representation by Sponsor or Administrator as to the eligibility of your registration/play. Any automated computer receipt does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor for purposes of these Official Rules. Any illegible, unintelligible, incomplete, or garbled registrations/plays are not permitted and may be disqualified. The submission of a registration or play is solely the responsibility of the participant, and all data, internet access and usage charges are the responsibility of the participant.
By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding in all respects. Any registrations or plays not in conformance with these Official Rules will be disqualified. For a copy of these Official Rules, please print them from the Website or the Bryant Bank Page, or send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 2012 Bryant Bank/Bryant Museum Bryant Trivia Challenge Official Rules, Bryant Bank, 1550 McFarland Blvd. North, Tuscaloosa, AL 35406, by January 7, 2013. (Vermont residents may omit return postage.)
6. WINNER DETERMINATION FOR WEEKLY PRIZES AND DIGITAL PRIZES; GRAND PRIZE DRAWING; ODDS; GAME PLAY CONDITIONS.
Winner Determination for Weekly Prizes and Digital Photo Prizes. Each Week of the Promotion Period, Sponsor will record all eligible Game play scores and will post an overall running leader board on the Bryant Bank Page and the Website listing the user names and Game scores of the top scoring participants for the Week. At the end of each Week, the participant with the highest Game score will be the (potential) winner of the Weekly Prize for that Week (provided that there is not a tie for the highest Game score). In the event of a tie for a Weekly Prize, Sponsor will select the winner in a random drawing from among all participants who are tied with the high Game score (a “Tie-Breaker Sweepstakes”) on the day following the end of the particular Week. In addition, at the end of each Week, each participant who correctly answered at least nine (9) out of eleven (11) trivia questions in that Week’s Game will receive a Digital Photo Prize.
Odds of winning a Digital Photo Prize depend on the quality of play by the participants; Sponsor cannot accurately predict the number of Digital Photo Prizes to be awarded.
Odds of winning a Weekly Prize depend on the number of participants participating in the Promotion that Week and the quality of play by those participants. Because of the unique nature and scope of the Promotion, Sponsor cannot accurately predict the number of participants who will participate in the Promotion in a given Week. Odds of winning a Tie-Breaker Sweepstakes depend on the number of tied participants.
The Weekly Prize winner for each Week will receive one (1) entry into the Grand Prize Drawing. In addition, each Week, each participant who correctly answers nine (9) or more of the eleven (11) trivia questions that Week will receive one (1) entry into the Grand Prize Drawing. Limit one (1) Grand Prize Drawing entry per Week, per person and per email address.
Grand Prize Drawing; Odds. Sponsor will select one (1) Grand Prize winner in a random Grand Prize Drawing on or about January 8, 2013 in Tuscaloosa, Alabama from among all eligible Grand Prize Drawing entries received during the Promotion Period. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible Grand Prize Drawing entries received during the Promotion Period.
All Game plays must meet the requirements described in these Official Rules, and all participant Game scores are subject to verification by Sponsor/Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Game play quality determinations, and score and correct answer determinations are in the sole and absolute discretion of the judges, and such determinations are not subject to further review or appeal by participants. Sponsor/Administrator will not accept screen shots or other evidence of score in lieu of its validation process. Any Game play that occurs after the system has failed for any reason is deemed a defective play, and is void and will not be honored. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register/play will be deemed to be the participant. For purposes hereof, an “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
7. WINNER VERIFICATION. Potential winners must comply with all of the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Potential winners will be notified by phone, email or mail. Because of the need for Sponsor to timely announce the winners, if any potential winner notification is returned as undeliverable, or if potential winner does not respond to notification within five (5) days of the date and time of prize notification, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the applicable prize winner selection process described in these Official Rules. Potential Weekly Prize winners and Grand Prize winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (a “Release”) within fourteen (14) days of the date of prize notification in order to receive prizes. (If potential winner is under the age of majority in their state of legal residence, the Release must be executed on potential winner’s behalf by a parent or legal guardian). In the event of non-compliance with any of these requirements, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the winner selection process described in these Official Rules. Sponsor also requests, but does not require, that each prize winner visit winner’s local Bryant Bank branch and allow Sponsor to photograph winner holding his or her prize. Unclaimed prizes and/or forfeited prizes may not be awarded.
8. PRIZES. Sponsor will award one (1) Grand Prize and nineteen (19) Weekly Prizes. In addition, each participant who correctly answers at least nine (9) out of eleven (11) questions in a weekly Game will receive a Digital Photo Prize. Because of the unique nature and scope of the Promotion, Sponsor cannot accurately predict the number of Digital Photo Prizes to be awarded. Grand Prize consists of one (1) $500 Houndstooth Card™ gift card, a Bryant gift pack (consisting of one (1) or more Bryant promotional items selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion), and a digital copy of a photo selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion from the archives of the Bryant Museum (a “Bryant Museum Digital Photo”) (approximate retail value: $525). Weekly Prize consists of one (1) $25 Houndstooth Card™ gift card, a Bryant prize pack, and a Bryant Museum Digital Photo (total approximate retail value of Weekly Prize: $50). Digital Photo Prize consists of a Bryant Museum Digital Photo, which has no cash value.
The Houndstooth Card™ is a prepaid Visa® gift card sold exclusively by Bryant Bank and is not a credit card, charge card or bank debit card; visit http://www.bryantbank.com/the-houndstooth-card-fees.php for Houndstooth Card™ terms and conditions. Prizes (and any portion(s) thereof) are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. All taxes or expenses, including, without limitation, sales tax, luxury tax and any other costs incurred in claiming or using any of the prizes, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Any difference between the actual value of any prize and the approximate retail value set forth in these Official Rules may not be claimed and will not be awarded.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS. This Promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. By participating, participant agrees: (i) to be contacted by Sponsor by mail, email, and telephone (and by wireless telephone, if number is provided by participant); (ii) that Sponsor may post participant’s user name on the Website and the Bryant Bank Page; and (iii) that, if participant is a Promotion prize winner, Sponsor may use such winner’s name, Promotion user name, voice, likeness, image, statements, biographical data, address (city and state only) and prize information, in any and all media now existing or hereafter devised for promotion, advertising, trade or any other purpose whatsoever, in perpetuity, without attribution, notification, compensation or consents (except where prohibited by law), and participant hereby releases Sponsor and Administrator from any liability with respect thereto.
Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from this Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify from this or any game or promotion it sponsors, now or in the future, any person it finds, in its sole discretion, has (i) violated these Official Rules, (ii) registered for or played a Game more than once per Week through the use of multiple email addresses, identities or any other device or means, (iii) tampered with the registration/play process, the operation of the Promotion, or any other aspect of this Promotion, or (iv) used immoral, obscene, profane, lewd, inappropriate, disparaging, libelous, defamatory or offensive language or words in the participant’s user name, or on the Website, the Bryant Bank Page, the Bryant Museum’s website, or the Bryant Museum’s Facebook page. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend part or all of this Promotion in the event that human or technical error occurs in the administration of this Promotion or the processing of the Games, or other errors, printing errors, tampering, fraud, unauthorized intervention, technical failure, or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Promotion. In the event the Promotion, any Game, or any portion of the Promotion is cancelled, suspended or discontinued for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to award all or any of the prizes in accordance with the winner selection process described in these Official Rules or in a random drawing from all eligible registrations received prior to the date of cancellation or suspension.
Neither Sponsor, Administrator, Facebook, Inc., nor any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliated entities, agents, employees, shareholders, members, managers, representatives or agencies, shall have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award any prizes to participants, with regard to: (i) registrations or Game plays that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with or violate these Official Rules; (ii) registrations, Game plays, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, unintelligible, damaged, delayed, destroyed, misdirected, garbled, incomplete, illegible or are otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind; (iii) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alternation of, registrations or in the play of the Games, or any incorrect or inaccurate transcription of related information; (iv) participants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the Promotion or in claiming any prize; (v) any problems or technical malfunctions of the Promotion or of any telephone or communications network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or traffic congestion on the internet or at the Website or any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer or wireless device related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials related to this Promotion; (vi) any inability of a winner to accept a prize for any reason; or (vii) the inability to award all or any part of a prize due to delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control.
By participating in this Promotion, participant releases Sponsor, Administrator, Facebook, Inc., their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliated entities, shareholders, members, managers, officers, printers, distributors, and advertising agencies, and their employees, agents, and consultants, from any and all liability for any accident, loss, tax liability, damage of any kind, injury or death arising from participant’s participation in this Promotion, or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or while traveling to and/or from a location to obtain or use a prize. Without limiting the foregoing, all prizes are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
10. DISPUTE RESOLUTION. Any and all disputes with respect to this Promotion will be resolved in the appropriate courts in the State of Alabama exclusively, and subject to the laws of the State of Alabama, without regard to conflicts of laws principles. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Alabama and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Alabama. By participating, participant consents to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. If any provision of these Official Rules is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such determination shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. The titles and headings preceding the text of the sections and paragraphs of these Official Rules have been inserted solely for convenience or reference and shall neither constitute a part of these Official Rules nor affect the meaning, interpretation or effect of these Official Rules. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Promotion, participant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive damages, incidental damages, consequential damages or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. (NOTE: Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.)
11. WARNING. Any attempt by PARTICIPANT or any other person to deliberately DAMAGE the WEBSite, THE bRYANT bANK pAGE, THE bRYANT MUSEUM WEBSITE, OR THE BRYANT MUSEUM FACEBOOK PAGE, or undermine the legitimate operation of this PROMOTION may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, SPONSOR reserveS the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorneys’ fees) from any such PARTICIPant or OTHER person to the fullest extent permitted by law, including seeking criminal prosecution.
12. SPONSOR; ADMINISTRATOR. Sponsor: Bryant Bank, 1550 McFarland Blvd. North, Tuscaloosa, AL 35406 and the Paul W. Bryant Museum, 300 Paul W. Bryant Drive, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487 (collectively, “Sponsor”). Administrator: Pangea Media, 85 Main Street, Suite 200, Watertown, MA 02472 (“Administrator”).
13. WINNERS LIST. For names of Weekly Prize winners and Grand Prize winner, send a self-addressed, stamped, business-size envelope to: 2012 Bryant Bank/Bryant Museum Bryant Trivia Challenge Winners List, Bryant Bank, 1550 McFarland Blvd. North, Tuscaloosa, AL 35406, by July 7, 2013.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Information is being provided to Bryant Bank, not Facebook.